Course – BRCGS An Approach to Product Safety Culture (Online)
BRCGS An Approach to Product Safety Culture Course
Culture has been widely seen as both the cause of many Food Safety shortcomings and the solution to ensuring consistently high standards of Product Safety in Food and associated industries. From Retail to Manufacturing, in all sectors of the Food & Drink industry, establishing and demonstrating a good Product Safety culture is now seen as a fundamental requirement to reputable organisations.
Attending this 1-day course participants will gain a fundamental understanding of the importance of a positive product safety culture, the critical issues that affect it and how to begin the development process to establish of positive culture within your organisation.
1 Day, 08.45 – 18.00
Who should attend?
Consultants/Auditors/Technical/HR/Senior Management who lead on culture, Operational, Technical & Quality staff, BRCGS & Industry Professionals or anyone involved in implementing and maintaining Product Safety Culture.
- Describe the concept of Product Safety Culture and why a positive culture is important to ensuring product safety and integrity
- Identify what the standards require, and the function of the Product Safety Culture Plan within a QMS
- Recognize the link between behaviour and Product Safety Culture and how it underpins product safety assurance
- Discuss how to measure an organisation’s Product Safety Culture through the use of tools and techniques
- Develop a sustainable Product Safety Culture action plan and how to engage staff to support it
- The criticality of Food Safety Culture
- The role of senior management
- The impact of attitudes and behaviours
- Developing your own Product Safety Culture Plan
What are the benefits
This BRCGS course is industry-focused, considering organisational culture, leadership and behavioural concepts; inclusive of and generic to all BRCGS Global Standards, in addition to the global market for application to any manufacturing facility – regardless of business size or whether sites have a product scope of food or non-food related goods/ services
Style of Delivery and Course Leaders
Our course tutors are Approved Training Providers for BRCGS. They have extensive practical experience across a wide range of sectors including manufacturing and retail.
Available on an in-house basis use this course to deliver a consistent message across your teams.
To complete the course, participants will need to submit a product safety plan as a workplace assignment, meeting the assessment criteria with 75% as a passing grade.
Delegates successfully completing the course will be awarded a BRCGS Certificate issued by the BRCGS.