Course – Environmental Sustainability Skills for Managers (Online)
May 10 - May 11£545.00
Introduction to Environmental Sustainability Skills for Managers Course
This two-day IEMA certified Environmental Sustainability Skills for Managers is designed to provide supervisors and managers with a strategic and operational overview of environmental sustainability as it affects their specific industry and work area.
This course is invaluable in giving managers at all levels the confidence to get involved in, and fully engage in your organisation’s environmental sustainability challenges.
Topics covered include:
- the understanding of the strategic opportunities and constraints that environmental sustainability presents organisations;
- the importance of resource efficiency; the impact of environmental sustainability across the value chain;
- the impacts of pollution, prevention, control and environmental legislation in organisations;
- how employees support environmental sustainability.
2 Days, 08.30 – 16.45
Who should attend?
This course is ideally suited for supervisors and managers across all sectors and has no formal entry requirements.
This course will equip delegates with knowledge of the key concepts and building blocks of sustainability in business and develop relevant skills to be able to apply sustainable development within their own business.
- Understand the main environmental and economic risks and opportunities
- Understand compliance obligations and business drivers for change
- Understand the main potential impacts on environment and sustainability
- Understand how to improve environmental performance
- How to evaluate drivers for change and barriers
- Understand baselines data to monitor and improve performance
- How to apply knowledge of environmental sustainability across the value chain
- How to demonstrate the importance of implementing resource efficiency
- How to demonstrate how employees can improve environmental performance
What are the benefits
Attendance will enable delegates to:
- Decide how best to apply and develop sustainability in their own business
- Add to their environmental management career credentials
- Be able to build and support sustainability within their business
- Improve environmental decision-making
- Discuss confidently the benefits of a sustainable business with others within their business and to their stakeholders
Style of Delivery and Course Leaders
Our course leaders have substantial experience in the field of environmental management systems. They are qualified and experienced with extensive practical management experience across a wide range of sectors including manufacturing, finance, pharmaceuticals, local and national government. We have extensive experience working across cultural boundaries, through our work in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia and the Americas.
The assessment for Environmental Sustainability Skills for Managers consists of an online 20 question multiple-choice test. The test is completed through the IEMA assessment portal and candidates are sent a link upon registration to the assessment.
Delegates successfully taking the course and passing the course assessment will be awarded an IEMA issued certificate.