Course – IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management (In-house)
January 1 - December 31£1107
IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management (In-house)
How will I benefit?
- Boost your career prospects – highly regarded by employers
- Contribute fully to improving the environmental sustainability of your organisation
- Meets the requirements for Practitioner Membership of IEMA (PIEMA)
Who should attend?
- Anyone who already has a foundation level of environmental/ sustainability knowledge (gained from work experience or through a course such as the IEMA Foundation Certificate)
What will I learn?
The IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management is made up of three Modules:
Module 1: Fundamentals of sustainability, business and governance
- Implications of global trends for the environment, society, the economy and for organisations and the role of an environment/sustainability professional in overcoming these challenges
- Sustainable business/governance models and principles
Module 2: Environmental principles, policy and legislation
- Environmental principles
- Major policy and legislation
Module 3: Environmental management/assessment tools and skills
- Major tools, techniques, systems and practices to develop sustainable products and services and improve sustainability performance
- The role of innovation in developing sustainable products, services and solutions
- Data collection, critical analysis and information reporting to inform decision making
- Problem identification and opportunity assessment for delivery of innovative and sustainable products and services
- Effective communications
- Stakeholder identification and engagement
- Tools, techniques, systems and practices to identify opportunities and risks
- Project and programme delivery to achieve performance improvements
- Implementing change and transformation
The IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management is assessed by:
- Assignments for each module – these are set by IEMA but marked by RRC
- An assessment of competence – this is a practical application (this forms Module 4 of the programme) and is submitted to IEMA for marking. It can only be submitted after all the other modules have been successfully completed.
What is included?
- This is a Distance Learning Course
- Detailed course notes
Duration – 120 hours