- This event has passed.
Design and Build an OHSMS (Online)
March 2 - March 3£745.00
Introduction to Design & Build an OHSMS
Build the practical skills and knowledge you need to develop an Occupational Health & Safety Management System (OHSMS) with this training course. Discover the actions, tools and techniques required to design, build and implement your OHSMS, including procedural and process information.
2 Days, 09.00 – 17.00
Who should attend?
- People involved in planning and/or coordinating the design and implementation process for a system addressing occupational Health and Safety issues
- People who have been assigned the task of establishing or inheriting an OHSMS
- Decision makers in the implementation process
- Those wanting to understand the implementation process
- Identify operational context that creates the baseline from which an OHSMS is created and developed
- Recognise cultural change and management issues, which play a role in the implementation process
- Establish the initial steps to be taken in developing an OHSMS
- Develop skills in the preparation of written procedures and required documentation
- Recognise the appropriate resources and capabilities necessary for maintaining an OHSMS
- What is an OHSMS
- How to Implement & Improve an OHSMS
- The ISO 45001 model and an ISO 45001:2018 Standard Revision Overview
- Developing a Health & Safety policy
- Common features of an OHSMS
- Identifying Health & Safety risks
- Managing improvement actions
- Operational controls and emergency planning
- Training & communication
- Developing and maintaining OHSMS documentation
- Monitoring, measuring and reporting
- Auditing and management review
- Cultural change and implementation
- Maintaining an OHSMS to achieve continual improvement
What are the benefits
This course offers the practical and valuable knowledge and skills essential to design, implement and effectively use a Health and Safety management system.
Style of Delivery and Course Leaders
Our course leaders have extensive experience in Management Systems across a wide range of sectors including manufacturing, service and professional organisations including Local, National and International Government. This wide experience enables them to make the course more interesting by using their relevant examples and case studies during workshop discussions.
Our team of staff has extensive experience of working across cultural boundaries, through their work in Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia and the Americas.
All delegates will be awarded a certificate verifying attendance and completion of the course.