About Our “Steps” courses:
Our Steps to the Standard series of courses are designed to provide you with step-by-step guidance for meeting each clause and requirement of the standard, helping you set up your management system in a logical order. Interactive examples demonstrate tried and tested methods for designing your documentation, with useful hints and tips to help keep you on track.
- Lesson 1: Introduction
- Key Elements
- PDCA - Plan Do Check Act
- Clause Overview
- Purchasing the Standard
- Clause 1 - Scope of 14001
- Clause 2 – Normative References
- Clause 3 – Terms and Definitions
- Clause 4 – Context of the Organisation
- Clause 5.1 – Leadership and Commitment
- Clause 5.1.1 Customer Focus
- Clause 5.2 – Policy
- Clause 5.3 – Organisational Roles, Responsibilities and Authority
- Clause 6.1 – Actions to Address Risks and Opportunities
- Clause 6.1.2 - Environmental Aspects
- Clause 6.1.3 - Compliance Obligations
- Clause 6.1.4 - Planning Action
- Clause 6.2 – Environmental Objectives and Planning to Achieve Them
- Clause 7.1 – Resources
- Clause 7.2 – Competence
- Clause 7.3 – Awareness
- Clause 7.4 – Communication
- Clause 7.5 – Documented Information
- Clause 8.1 – Operational Planning and Control
- Clause 8.2 – Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Clause 9.1 – Monitoring, Measurement, Analysis and Evaluation
- Clause 9.1.2 - Evaluation of Compliance
- Clause 9.2 – Internal Audit
- Clause 9.3 – Management Review
- Clause 10.1 – Non-Conformity and Corrective Action
- Clause 10.2 – Continual Improvement
What does the Course Look Like?
You can see a demo of how the Steps SCORM courses look here:
Who can Take this Course?
This course is suitable for those who are completely new to ISO 14001, and those who have some knowledge of the standard, and is designed to assist in the implementation of an Environmental Management System to the requirements of the ISO standard.
How do I Put the Course on my LMS?
This SCORM Package arrives as a set of zip files (one for each lesson), which can be uploaded directly into your SCORM compatible LMS. Your LMS will record which employees have taken the course and when, allowing you to adequately manage your competency and training requirements (clause 7 of the standard).
What if my LMS isn’t SCORM Compatible?
If your LMS is not SCORM compatible, we recommend using Talent LMS
What do the Steps Courses look like?
Here's a demo video of our Steps Courses (video will download):